December 18, 2019 by PolicyWorks
As the year draws to a close (already?!), we’re taking a moment to reflect on an active 12 months at PolicyWorks.
This year, credit unions experienced increased scrutiny from regulators. As our clients’ partner in navigating the ever-changing compliance landscape, we devoted a great deal of energy to monitoring trends, sharing information and serving as a resource for an array of compliance needs.
It was a busy and exciting time. Here’s a look back at some of the highlights:
- PolicyWorks added 22 new clients (welcome aboard!) to the list of credit unions that partner with us for:
- We were out and about throughout the year to visit client shops and participate in credit union conferences, like:
- CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference
- CU Leadership Convention
- Annual credit union league meetings and conventions in Nebraska, California and Nevada, Iowa, Tennessee, Kentucky and Ohio
- The experts who staff our compliance hotline, which serves league credit union members in Iowa, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and California/Nevada, fielded nearly 6,000 (5,989) calls in 2019. That’s 115 calls a week!
- PolicyWorks collaborated with Filene Research Institute, Inclusiv and Coopera to develop the ITIN Lending Implementation Guide. This guide, along with the events below, helped credit unions operationalize ITIN lending, further driving financial inclusion and reaching more underserved people.
- Credit union leaders participated in our free ITIN Lending Workshops, which took place in Austin, Chicago, San Francisco, New York City and Miami.
- Our CEO, Miriam De Dios Woodward, was recognized by the Des Moines Business Record as part of the 2019 Forty under 40.
- PolicyWorks staff attended credit union compliance training, and 88 percent of our team is now Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE) certified.
- PolicyWorks staff engaged with increased development opportunities and received training on generating exceptional client experiences.
- We promoted and hired new staff to support our clients:
- Darron Dunn joined us as Vice President of Client Development.
- We hired four employees to support credit union league compliance: Ceedra Allen, Chuck Uguccini, Anthony Cooper and Crystal Sagum.
- Lisa Quaranta was promoted to Compliance Manager, and Jeremy Smith to Director of Client Partnerships.
- We hired Jovilyn Herrick to augment our federal compliance support team.
The PW team volunteered for a total of more than 40 hours with some of the best nonprofit organizations our local community has to offer, including:
- Bidwell Riverside Center
- Brown Girls Mentoring Program
- Iowa Credit Union League
- Iowa Salutes Heroes Tournament
- Justice for our Neighbors
- Kids Café
- Orchard Place
- Polk County Senior Center
- Trinity Baptist Church
It’s a pleasure to work with each and every one of our credit union clients to help them manage a complex and changing regulatory environment. Is there something you’d like to see from PolicyWorks in 2020? Don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-518-0209. We’re looking forward to another great year!